Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vacation in the Smokies 2008.

Our family at the Dixie Stampede.
The boys when we first arrived at the Smokies.....
and when we were leaving...think you can tell a difference??




My sweet baby!!
Really neat place to go.





We're off to the Smokies all smiles for at

least an hour until Lane ask Lesley..

Are we there yet..fifty times..lol!

The Spainhowards for now..can't wait for Elly Claire!!


Just in case you missed the first one..lol..I

didn't know how to delete it!!!

Okay let's just say The Smokies is so much more fun when you have children. I have been several times but it was different this time..seeing Lane getting excited made me happy. First of all Eric and Lesley were driving the van of the century..it had pretty much anything you needed..aside from a restroom...it even had a gps which is pretty useful unless you have captain Dave aboard...who gets us lost by telling Eric that the gps was wrong...and.......Eric believed him while Lesley and I were like no..it's just a short cut..but he decided to listen to ol' trusty Dave...and yep you guessed it we had to turn around..but we only had to back track about fifty miles..lol!! Well, maybe not that far but...far enough..lol! We really had a great time and ate like pigs..my favorite past time! Even had some Krispy Kreme...yumm! Lesley and I decided we would go into a haunted house..which was pretty scary..but soo funny that I almost peed my pants and needed to repent for saying a few... umm.... lets just say un-christian like words!! The boys had a ball and did a little bit of everything..even at that..I still think that they enjoyed the pool the best..Great memories!!








10 comments:

Alicia Jane said...

Your blog entry came just in time! We are heading to Gatlinburg tomorrow for a weekend getaway! You post only makes me even more excited! Such cute pictures! So glad you guys had a great time!

Nan said...

Cute pics! We went the summer of '07 and Jacob still talks about the Dixie Stampede :) We're really hoping to make the trip around Christmas. Too funny that David got you all lost... with a GPS system :)

Natalie

Staffanne said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful time! Such great family memories. Just like you said, vacations just get better when you have kids.

The Stice's said...

Great pictures! Glad you had such a good time! Love you guys!!

Chasity said...

Great pics. I would love to go. Oh well maybe next year.

Wanda May said...

We are going the 2nd weekend of Nov. to a scrapbook retreat. Can't wait

Jessica M said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love vacations!

Carol said...

I LOVE the Dixie Stampede. The last time we were there Evan was too small for us to justify paying that much to take him, but he would love it now. Can't wait to go back. I heard the WonderWorks was great too!

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks so good! I love all the pics from Gatlinburg! Looks like you guys had a blast! I am trying to talk Daniel into going in the next few months...we will see!

pmeredith73 said...

We love the mountains. We haven't been in a couple of years due to cruising but Bobby Joe laid the smack down and said everyone is going next year!!!

DIXIE STAMPEDE is my favorite and can't wait to bring Landon who will love all the horses.