Sunday, December 7, 2008

Winter fun!!


Can you say waterpark in the WINTER?!?

Layke coming down the slide.

The fun slides!!


The boys posing..



How neat is this setting for Santa?? Finally he sits in Santa's lap..with a little bribery!!



We set off on a mini vacation to a water park close to Louisville called Pirates Bay...even though the trip was pretty short..Lane still managed to ask how much longer..about fifty times. Once we got there..I was a little hesitant about getting in considering it was hmm 23 degrees outside, but to my surprise it was very warm water and all. We all had sooo much fun and yes if you know me very well...you know that I'm probably the biggest kid...so yes I hit the slides wide open..lol!! Then after we were done there we decided to have a little fun shopping..so we went to Indiana to shop...we were really enjoying ourselves until we went into Kirklands....well.....Lane decided he would knock everything over in the whole STINKIN STORE!!! I was at my wits end with him and was heading out the door (just picture this) the door handles are less than 10ft. away and I'm thinking okay we haven't damaged anything yet and I'm almost out of here..(now imagining slow motion)..all of the sudden I hear a loud thud...I slowly turn around and look and......yep you guessed it there lays MY son on the floor with a snowman (his size) right next to him..I could have died...I think to myself should I act like I don't know him and hide.....but of course I went over to help him AND the snowman up...I realized the snowman's nose was...uhhhh...lets just say unfixable if that's a word!! So..I turn to see who saw..should I tell... or hit the door....and of course being the nice perfect little preacher's daughter...I raised the snowman up jerked Lane up.....and raced out the door!!!LOL!!!

We also went to Bass Pro and that's where they had Santa's workshop..everything was free...pictures, games, crafts. This was Lane's first visit with Santa since he was two. He has finally overcome his fear...whoo hoo!! All in all we had a great trip...just hope there wasn't any hidden cameras in Kirklands!!!:)



















5 comments:

Staffanne said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I would have been right there with you going down that water slide. I love shopping in Louisville and Indiana!

The Stice's said...

Looks like so much fun! We still have no pictures with Santa!!

Stephanie said...

It looks like you had so much fun! We missed you Friday night:)

Carol said...

Looks like a blast. Wanna plan another mini vacation? :-)

Emily V. said...

That is hilarious about your Kirkland venture. I've laughed for the last ten minutes. I've seen that indoor waterpark before. I had to stay at hotel next to it for a conference when I was working. Too funny